Flossing: Is it your New Year’s Resolution? It should be!
Do you floss daily?
Flossing can eliminate most of the bacteria in your mouth that causes periodontal disease, tooth loss, tooth decay, and inflamed gums. The more you floss, the healthier you’ll be!
To help improve and protect the oral health of you and your family, Dr. Gary R. DiStefano, DDS and Associates suggests the following way to easily floss your way to better health.
- Begin with 15 to 18 inches of floss.
- Wrap about half of the floss around the middle finger of one hand, and the rest around your other middle finger leaving about 2 inches to work with.
- Hold the floss firmly between your thumbs and index fingers, and use a moderate backward and forward motion to guide it between each tooth.
- Gently bend the floss around the base of each .
- Scrape the floss firmly against a tooth, and move the floss gently up and down and in between gums.
- Repeat the entire process with the rest of your teeth.
- Use portions of clean floss for each tooth to avoid moving plaque to a different area of your mouth.
Flossing every day isn’t the only way to prevent dental or health problems! If you check up with your dentist every six months, tooth decay and other problems will fail to exist. Call Doctor DiStefano, your favorite Howell family dentist to schedule your 6 month appointment today! 517-546-8983