You may avoid dental emergencies if you regularly make visits to the dentist. However, dental emergencies can still happen!
If you’re unsure whether the issue you’re having is considered a dental emergency, always follow this rule of thumb: if it hurts … consider it an emergency!
Typically, a knocked out tooth, a cracked tooth, a broken jaw, an object stuck in the mouth or tooth, and toothaches are all dental emergencies that require treatment as soon as possible.
As one of the premiere family dentists in Howell, Michigan, Dr. DiStefano has over 30 years’ experience caring for his patients’ health. He strives to educate his patients and improve their lives through dental care and disease prevention.
Want to avoid a dental emergency? According to the American Dental Association, here’s how:
- Brushing your teeth twice a day for two minutes each with fluoride toothpaste.
- Flossing the correct way at least once a day.
- Wear a mouth guard when participating in sports or recreational activities.
- Avoid chewing ice, popcorn kernels and hard candy, all of which can crack a tooth.
- Use scissors, NEVER your teeth, to cut things.
Have you had your checkup lately? Contact the family dentists in Howell, Michigan today to schedule and get on your way to better health!